Happy Belated New Year!!
It is hard to believe we are halfway through February. We have continued to be hunkered down—between wind, rain, cold, and COVID—but working hard.
We are very excited about some recent projects we have completed or are just starting on. We are. . .
- Just completing a study for the City of Bellevue (WA), asking residents about their priorities for city parks and funding. Results will be used to update the city’s Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces (PROS) Plan. We used a MaxDiff exercise to understand residents’ park development priorities better. Look at the cool way results are presented in the results Dashboard—the city has the option to see how results vary across different groups of residents.
- Collecting data from Vashon Island residents and businesses to assess interest in a local (on-island) compost facility. We incorporated a modified Van Westendorp model to determine how much residents would be likely to pay for curbside pickup of food and yard waste to help price the services correctly if and when they become available.
- Developing a qualitative assessment to look at the impact of the past couple of years’ events on teens’ mental and emotional health, their strategies to cope, and how it has influenced their attitudes toward substance use, notably marijuana. Results will be used to better communicate with teens about the health impacts of substance misuse.
- Kicking off a project with the City of Bothell (WA) to provide resident input into the city’s biennial budgeting process. The process starts with a Community Survey, first reaching out to a random sample of Bothell households, then conducting broad outreach to all Bothell residents. A primary goal is an open and transparent process that includes insights from as many residents as possible, rather than limiting comments to traditional processes—public meetings and/or comments.
We expect to see a tremendous amount of new project work go out to bid in 2022 due to the backlog from COVID-induced delays, priority shifts, budget shortfalls, etc. While we work to sort through them all and identify the ones that are the best fit for us, we’re also focusing on:
- Fine-tuning a basic, lower-cost community survey offering tailored for smaller cities that still offers our best-in-class methodologies, technology platform, and client service.
- Working hand-in-hand with public sector agencies to develop new and better ways to conduct research and community engagement that is truly inclusive and representative of the entire population.
- Expanding our growing network of trusted research and engagement partners to take on more new and exciting projects.
COMENGAGE.US provides the expertise, resources, and technology necessary for organizations to develop and maintain a community that represents those you serve, enabling you to engage in ongoing research (quantitative and qualitative) to improve decision-making and increase support for your community, brand and policies. By combining our strong industry experience with a powerful and customizable technology platform, we deliver superior results to government and community organizations of all sizes.
Contact us to find out more about how we can help your organization today!