ComEngage is looking for a motivated Research and Engagement Manager to support its senior team of researchers and analysts and to manage small to medium-sized projects from beginning-to-end. This is a mid-level position, requiring familiarity with vendor-side research as well as client management. We expect the successful candidate to hit the ground running, be willing to work hands-on in all aspects of a project, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
We offer competitive salaries and rich benefits including a bonus program designed to reward hard work and success, support for membership in industry associations, contributions to a health reimbursement account and health savings account to support personal choices for healthcare, and a flexible work environment that allows employees to responsibly manage their schedules to achieve work-life harmony. We use remote offices and offer all the benefits and flexibility of working from home.
ComEngage values bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds with varied interests and skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
ComEngage works with public agencies, regulated industries, and not-for-profit institutions to design and implement an inclusive, research-based engagement programs that proactively and continuously include the voice of their community and customers and make each unique corner of the world a better place to live, work, and play.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Research and Engagement Managers work directly with clients, vendors, and other members of the ComEngage team to provide best-in-class research for internal stakeholders, ComEngage clients, and the public.
Research and Engagement Managers are responsible for:
- Working with clients to determine the goals and objectives of the research.
- Designing a research plan, including the questionnaire, outreach plans, and any supporting materials to achieve project goals.
- Using a variety of software platforms to program survey questionnaires and qualitative activities.
- Managing project timelines and vendors to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Working with senior management and our data visualization team on data analysis and reporting.
- Providing written and oral presentations of methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations to peer and management groups.
- Becoming a subject matter expert in sampling and survey techniques.
- Meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Research and Engagement Managers work remotely in collaboration with ComEngage’s core team of researchers and data visualization specialists. The role requires an independent person who can work from instructions and templates, problem solve, and demonstrate a strong affinity for numbers and quantitative data as well as an interest in and experience with qualitative research. A background or interest in government, transportation, economics, and/or transportation is a plus.
We are seeking candidates with:
- A minimum of three years of experience in vendor-side research. Experience with quantitative and qualitative research strongly preferred.
- Very high proficiency using Microsoft Office suite with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Proficiency with statistical software such as SPSS, Q, or SAS.
- Familiarity with data visualization and dashboarding a plus.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and willingness to speak out and speak up.
- An interest in public policy and improving the lives of every
- day people.
This is a remote position meaning that you will have flexibility on exactly when and how the work gets done, but you are expected to be available during normal working hours and for client/team meetings (senior management and many of our clients are on Mountain or Pacific time).
Other Criteria / Considerations:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States; ComEngage does not offer VISA sponsorship
- Eligibility confirmed through E-Verify
Growth and Development
This is a growth-oriented position designed for the candidate to gain greater familiarity and confidence with the ComEngage process, our clients, business development, data analytics and data visualization. Upon acceptance, the successful candidate will work with ComEngage’s Chief Solutions Officer to develop a growth plan which will include identifying knowledge gaps and setting goals (both long and short).
Salary and Benefits
Specifics are to be negotiated but we are budgeting around $65K to $85K annual salary based on experience and job-fit. We provide PTO / sick days, health reimbursement accounts, health savings account contributions, and a performance/deliverables-based bonus.
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to:
Nathan Wiggin, Chief Operations Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions should be by email with the phrase “Research and Engagement Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Or Submit via the form below.